Find Your New Campus Home
The SJEC Veterans and Military Families services at Southern Oregon University (SOU) is committed to serving students based on a framework of integrity, serving others, and excellence in student support. We welcome our active Military, Veterans, and their families by creating regular programming, educating the university community through outreach initiatives, and partnering with campus and community agencies in support of the Military connected population at SOU.
We provide assistance to Veterans and Military Families honoring your service, supporting your academic journey, and building a community of support.
Additional information about our spaces and what we may provide:
- Located on the 3rd floor of the Stevenson Union with a computer lab, social meeting spaces with couches, and a kitchenette
- An array of programs, events, and outreach initiatives every term to support your transition into the college
- We provide a dedicated space for Veterans and Military Families to work on homework, print papers for their classes, as well as a place to connect and network with others in our community
- We connect you with local experts regarding your benefit information, help prospective students move through the admissions process, and assist you in identifying your academic and career path
- In a partnership with our career support staff and other agencies, we provide information and resources on career programs and job placement opportunities
- We assist a student in locating resources related to health and wellness, stress and time management, financial planning, to include other related areas